Thursday, May 20, 2010

Metablog - How was my Blogging?

I have accumulated a follower. I'm not sure how many views I've received, most probably this number is so astronomically large It cannot fit within the scope of the Blogger website.
As a short blog, and a seldom interesting one my blog has gone quite unnoticed on the Wide World Web. Overall this doesn't fuss me, but it does tell me something about the Internet and networked media production in general. Namely that it is unlikely for more then a few people to stumble upon my blog and those that often do must be careful no to break bones while stumbling.
What is needed in a blog to stimulate interest? How do I make those who stumble my way stay? How do I gain presence through popularity?
In the early 2000's the blog boom came mainly out of sex related exploits retold by witty, sex-obsessed women. Abby Lee is the quintessential example.
Many bloggers shown to us throughout the course seemed to have interesting jobs or thorough knowledge of what they blogged. Blogging is short for weB LOG, and for this reason many people use it as an online diary. This is not problematic. What IS problematic is my life in uninteresting.
Biographies are rarely written about boring people, unless of course they are self-written, in which case they are generally crap. I personally believe for a blog to be popular, for it to have purpose, it must be interesting to at least two people.
My content was not sufficient to interest even myself. Therefore my audience is liably limited to 'he' who marks my grades.
I could have potentially boosted traffic in the short term through advertisements in semi-relevant places. If my blog was particularly interesting then such advertisements would have boosted my blogs popularity massively. Overall however, my blog like my life is not particularly interesting, and not partiucalrly worth reading.
For the purposes of marking the blogs of most interest however are as follows:
1. I want Toast
2. Offensive to the average citizien
3. The strength of narrative in Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment